Thursday, June 3, 2010

Candace, Clay & Cole (WOW - that's a lot of C's!!!)

Here are pictures from the baby shower April and I threw for Candace on May 23rd at mom and dad's house. I apologize in advance for all the pictures but I had to include everything and everyone!

April and I had some wonderful ideas and April was able to bring them all into reality. She is incredibly talented and I could never have made this shower happen without her! (Ape I copied your post! Hope you don't mind!)

All of our hard work...............

When you walked into the foyer we had these tissue paper flowers hanging down. In the background, you can see Selwa taking pictures of Candace, mom, Mrs. Goodman and Aunt Kathy.

Nana and Candace

Our Lemon Heads Paci Tree. Can you see the home made paci leashes hanging down?

The whole shebang. We also had the tissue paper flowers hanging to the left and right of the fireplace.

Diaper Cake #1

Diaper Cake #2

We put this little guy on the window sill. He will make his permanent home on the wall when you walk in the door of Cole's nursery.

Cole's Clothesline. We displayed our hand sewn onesies here.

Cole's Blessing Ring ~ everyone wrote little messages to Cole on cardstock. This will hang in Cole's nursery and Candace can read them to him.

It's a Boy Banner.

Fiji Mum Floral arrangement.

Coffee Table. Elephant shaped Cucumber Sandwiches and bath toys floating in a blue bowl.

We burned "cole's lullabies" onto a CD for all of our guests as party favors.

The cake. Isn't it amazing? My friend Nicole is an insanely talented baker.......the cake was not only adorable but delicious too! The flavor was almond cake with raspberry filling......MMMM!

Cake Detail

The Elephant sitting on the top.

The beautiful Mommy-to-Be. Isn't she just glowing!!

Again. Her dress was so cute. And not even maternity!

Me and Candace <3

April & Candace - best friends since high school

April led Can to believe she had only bought her a few outfits and some blankets.........

Humidifier. Great thing to have.

One of the adorable outfits from Mamma Decot and Ape. Honestly, who can resist baby clothes?!?!

April and her mom surprised Candace at the end with a Coach diaper bag!!! Now all three of us will match! : )

Everyone had a great time and everything was beautiful. Candace has several friends that are pregnant right now so it was so fun to talk about babies all afternoon.

Candace's friends and family enjoying the afternoon:

Candace you are just months away from holding your whole life in your arms and I can't wait until you experience the absolute joy of being a mommy. Babies turn your whole world upside down and make you fall head over heels in love. Cole is one lucky little boy to have you as his beautiful mommy.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this day so lovely for Candace.

*hugs*

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog background!!!! Great post! I love the "Wow Thats lots of C's". Gotta love Mama Utsey!!!!!! So, what party are we planning next? Haha!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to help me and my mom plan Jereme & Selwa's Rehearsal Dinner? Oh and a couples shower???

    ReplyDelete