Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Half Year Peanut!


I can't believe how quickly six months has flown by. So much has changed, especially you, Van. You are the heart and soul of our little family Peanut, you bring your father and me such joy and fill our hearts with amazing love. We thank God everyday for giving you to us. Words cannot properly describe how much we love you and how excited we are to watch you grow. We love you more than the moon and the stars in the sky Peanut. Kisses to your sweet, sweet face. MUAH!

This is the very first picture we ever got of you. Can you see where we got the name Peanut?!


And here you are today on your half birthday! Such a happy baby boy!

Our day.........

Van and I spent most of it catching up on sleep. We just got back from Bald Head last night (post to follow) where we had the most amazing time with all the Utseys.

We have our 6 month well check-up next Friday and everyone is excited to see how much little man has grown. I am guessing he's somewhere close to 20 pounds and 30 inches long! He has started creeping and is definitely frustrated that he is not as mobile as he wants to be. But, I have the feeling that he will be there soon enough and then we are in T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

You can see in the video below how he's starting to rock back and forth. My camera cut off right before he lunged forward to grab a toy. : (


Van has been pretty sleepy all day today but I happened to look down at him when he was playing on his quilt and he was laughing at me! I have no idea what I was doing to make him giggle so but I grabbed the camera as quickly as I could to capture the moment. This is my favorite sound in the whole wide world!


On a side note, I am so happy I saw my friend Brooke's video of her son Lawton. She was trying to get him to laugh and she was smart to put her camera off to the side to film. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself.......but I apologize for earlier videos where it looks like the cameraman from Blair Witch Project was filming!!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe he is about to crawl!!!!!! look how strong he is!! love this post - and love his little laugh! excited about wed!

    ReplyDelete