Monday, June 14, 2010

I don't think of you as my Mother-In-Law.........


I think of you as my mom and very close friend. Mama Utsey, I cannot properly thank you enough or tell you how much I love you but I'm going to give it a try.

First, thank you so much for a wonderful week at the beach. I had the most fun just hanging out and I cherished our very late night talks (or should I say early mornings - it's 3 am?) while working on our wine problem! I can talk to you about anything - like I do with my mom - which says a lot because my mom and I talk about everything!!

I am lucky and blessed to have you in my life. You are one of the coolest people I know, you're so generous and funny. Everything you do comes from a place of love. You can see in your eyes and tell by your actions how much you love your family. Thank you for all the love you give to my husband, my son and myself.

I looked forward to this trip for months and I was so sad when it was time to go home. I did not want to leave. Thank you for making it so fabulous! Thank you for always treating me like your daughter and showing me such love and respect. I wish all my friends and family could have a mother-in-law like you. (Not like a mother-in-law at all). I hope that I will treat Van's wife with the same love and respect that you have given to me.

Whenever I am with you I feel like I am home. I am at a loss for words to explain how happy I am that you, Dad and Josh fit so well into my family. So much so that when we are all together there is nothing but lots of talking and laughter.

I love you with all my heart. *hugs*

2 comments: