Friday, June 25, 2010

What has Van been doing........

The answer: Making his mommy chase him EVERYWHERE!!!

Van is all over the place these days and it's everything I can do to keep him out of harm's way.

Here is a little update:

We went to his 6 month well check-up last Friday and Van now weighs 20 pounds 8.5 ounces (my little chunk of tuna), he's 28 and 1/4 inches long which puts him in the 95% for weight and height. He is a growing healthy boy!!! And the funny thing is that he really doesn't eat that much. We struggle to get more than 20 ounces of formula in his belly during the day. (Which also means I still get up in the middle of the night to feed him a bottle.) He tends to regulate his intake of food because of his acid reflux. He's still on his medicine that has almost eliminated the spitting up (thank you Jesus!) So who knows what is causing him to grow so fast! Great genes maybe? ; ) ; )

Anyhoo - along with that growth has come incredible strength. He holds on to you like a little monkey; pulls out the dog dish (as he is walking by in his walker); takes a running start and slams into the dog's water dish splashing water everywhere; (think that needs to find a new home? me too!) pulls down anything and everything he can get his hands..........etc.etc........

I mean I knew I was in trouble when he started moving but I did not for-see not being able to sit down for one second to say update my blog......I am constantly saying Van - no! He's going to think his name is Van - no! It's only for his own good but Derek and I really need to get on this baby-proofing kick.

Most things I don't mind letting him explore but when he starts getting into things that will put him into danger OR playing with his daddy's TRI bikes (a huge NO-NO) we have some issues we need to attend to!



Ummm yea - I caught you!


So, besides me not being able to sit down or even take pictures.....I am obsessed with taking my lil dude's picture but lately I cannot move fast enough to whip out the camera and show you all what shenanigans he's been in.


After that he got to meet my best friend Erin's baby girl Evelyn......


She's only six months behind but Van but she's so tiny when I look at the two of them side by side. Makes me wonder....was Van ever that small? And the answer is "Not in this life!" Maybe in my belly but dude was never 7 pounds in my arms! Erin nicknamed Van's scream "the dinosaur" because he has this high pitched scream when he gets excited and it does sound just like the dinosaur on Jurassic Park - you know the scary man-eating dino! Haha! He was doing that scream in this picture........

Poor Evelyn is like w.t.h.????

Isn't she presh?

1 comment:

  1. I need some Van in my life! When we get through this heat wave lets take the boys to the Splash Park! Evelyn is so super little! I love that second to last picture of Van with his hand out like he is about to grab her! So funny!

    ReplyDelete