We haven't started potty training per se but Van definitely knows what a toilet is and what you do in one. He even knows when he is about to go in his diaper and has no problem announcing it to the room. I thought I would get him a little training toilet and set it out for him to get used to seeing and using but I was in no rush since I know boys tend to be late bloomers when it comes to potty training. I just got his little training toilet out of the back of my car last night.....

Because for the past couple of days Van has wanted to sit on the big toilet (he thinks his training potty is a toy - it does look and sound like a truck so I can see why he wants to put his toys inside and push it around!). Thing is, once he gets there he just sits and smiles then wants to get off and make it flush.

But today was such a surprise! Van cried to use the potty after his friend Avery finished using it so I got him undressed, sat him up there and was shocked to hear that little tinkle in the toilet!!!!!
Proud momma here. Not yet 20 months and already showing interest in potty training! I will be super happy if we are out of diapers in 6 months. Like I said, I'm not going to rush him but I will definitely praise this wonderful behavior!

No comments:
Post a Comment