I can't believe in 4 months we will have a TWO YEAR OLD!!!!! Shhhhhhh, I've already started planning your birthday party Van!
I also can't believe the everyday changes I see in my child. They are little but to me they are HUGE, a gigantic reminder that I no longer have a baby. I have a toddler.
A toddler tale:
Every morning we give Van his vitamin (which is now a gummi and not that nasty liquid version we were supposed to be giving him). He thinks this is a real treat and knows exactly where we keep them (up above the microwave).
The other morning I went to get his gummi vitamin and asked "how many do you get Van?" (we're trying to drum into his little noggin that he only gets one)
"two" he says as he holds one finger up in the air (he secretly knows he only gets one)
I laugh and say "no, you only get one" and hold one finger up to further make my point.
Then he takes his hand (which is in the air) and makes this oh shucks movement where he hits his hand across his thigh! Meanwhile, he has this huge smile across his face.
Where did he learn that?? Do I do that often? Does Derek do that often????
He is so full of surprises. We are loving every minute watching Van grow into his own!!
*I am especially excited to be flying out to Cali with him so he can meet all our family on the west coast. Get ready y'all!! That's right I said y'a'll!!!
Van-isms
- you are the pickiest eater right now. i don't know if it's because you realize you have control over what you eat or you just aren't hungry
- i've started giving you pediasure for lunch if you don't eat breakfast and you refuse lunch too
- daddy and i just re-did your room so now it's more like a big boy room. nana helped mommy paint it while you were away at camp and you love spending time in there, dumping out ALL your toys and reading books. you even shut the door so i can't peek in (this worries me)
- we go through 2 gallons of milk a week. and i switched to 2% so you wouldn't be filling up on whole milk (i also offer food to you first before you get milk in the hopes that you will eat) you don't.
- i saw a couple pictures of your daddy at the age of two and you look just like him. just.like.him. (except for the eyes - those are mine!)
- you are obsessed with bicycles and lawnmowers. you think daddy is doing these two things all the time
- you climb up into your carseat now which is a lifesaver for my back
- baxter is your bestest friend

-
all the baristas in starbucks know your name and ask you about your fedora- the wait staff at the flying biscuit know you too. you, me and daddy go there almost every friday for family breakfast
- there is a little girl at the gym who has the biggest crush on you and vice versa. her name is aya and like a gentleman you share your snacks with her. so every time you get a snack you say "aya" because you want her to have some with you
- your daddy is your hero. i think the best part of your day is when he comes home from work. you wait at the window for him and your excitement is contagious as you yell "daddeeeeeeeee" and run to the door.
-
but, you are a momma's boy in the greatest sense of the word. you say momma and every variation so much throughout the day that daddy always asks me if i get sick of hearing it and i can honestly say no. i will never tire of hearing your little voice call for me. my heart swells with love each and every time. even when i am trying to do something and you are hanging on my leg.

No comments:
Post a Comment