WARNING: *do not read if bodily functions repulse you*
I had originally planned on waiting until Van turns three to start potty training boot camp. I was going to do it this summer but with all of our vacations and me working until mid-June then Van starting camp and Rory being born - well it just didn't seem like the right time. And I didn't want to stress about it or rush Van.
Then, the other day he asked if we could go buy him some big boy underwears (Van adds an -s onto quite a few words!). And so our adventure began. Van woke up Friday morning and wanted to wear his underwears - no diaper. Things were going so well. He told me every time he needed to pee and even requested a diaper at one point in the morning so he could poops. Morning and afternoon went by without any accidents. I even ventured out shopping with him and we stopped in the bike store to potty!
Then after nap he wanted to go uptown to the library. He had been doing so well all day so I thought nothing of it. We were at the library for maybe 10 minutes when Van runs past me and I catch a very unpleasant smell wafting from his general direction. I waddle after him and whisper, "Van did you poop in your underwear?"
"No." he says, "me have more poops!"
O.M.GEE!!!!!!!!! I almost start to panic but then remember that we have his book bag which thankfully I packed with an extra pair of shorts, diapers and wipes!!!
We dash to the family restroom and hoping for a nugget I am freaking by the stain coming through his shorts as I lay him on the changing table. As I remove his underwear, poo smears all up the back of his legs and even onto his feet.
GAG
And of course the paper towel dispenser is broken! So I use all the wipes I own to clean him up and the mess we made on the changing table, throw away his underwear that are beyond saving, throw a diaper on his bum and a clean pair of shorts AND get out of there AS.FAST.AS.POSSIBLE!
What was I thinking right? What mom takes her kid out in public on the first day of real potty training????
Umm that would be me!
Aidan calls his "underwears" too! It's so cute, I probably will never correct him!!! Such a funny story! The things we go through as Mommies!
ReplyDelete