Saturday, July 21, 2012

Camp Days


This week marked the beginning of summer camp for Van. After being on back-to-back vacations and out of school for months I was nervous about how that first morning drop-off would go. So we "visited" his camp the day before he really started to fill out some paperwork and I hyped up how much fun he was going to have with his friends.

I think it somewhat worked.

We arrived a little early so he could watch other kids walking into the school and I could hopefully walk him in with a friend. While we waited, Van turned up the radio and was "jamming" (his words - not mine) out to I forget what song! But he was in a great mood and I was thankful!





He held my hand all the way to his classroom door and when the teacher asked him if he wanted to come inside, he hid behind my legs. I had to usher him into his classroom after telling him, "I love you. You are going to have so much fun. I'll see you after lunch!"

And then the screaming began. I don't know how long it lasted but I had to walk away as quickly as possible to keep it together. It really doesn't get easier for me.

BUT, the next camp day went much better. Van still had to be ushered into his classroom but there were no tears and when I picked him up he told me that he had fun at camp!

Yea for camp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment