I honestly can't get enough of Van's sweet little voice. He talks constantly and asks a lot of "why's". Some of the things he says are so sweet while others are hysterical.
Van has become all about daddy, where he goes, why he does this or that and sometimes your explanation is not always the one he wants to hear so we've gotten into the habit of quoting songs or singing songs just to change the subject.
He obviously pays attention to everything we say because just last week.........
As I was driving Van to a birthday party he asked me, "Daddy at work?" I replied with yes and instead of asking why like he normally does he quickly came back with, "Daddy making paper?" (it's from a song and means making money ;)!!!!
We are getting closer and closer to Rory's due date so there are lots of talks about when we think she'll arrive.
This morning Van hopped into bed with us, snuggled under the covers and goes, "Rory be here soon mama?" Both Derek and I replied, we hope so peanut, we really, really hope so!"
Even Van is ready to meet his little sister! He is so cute wanting to see her, he even tries to lift her out of my belly or once he told me that he and daddy were going to the hospital tomorrow to pick her up!
I just learned that there is going to be a full moon on her due date (August 1st) so maybe she will be right on time?
Another sweet comment came on the way to a play date this morning. I've been trying to drink lots of water and as I was sipping from my water bottle a little voice from the back seat says to me, "stay hydrated mama"!
And a little picture update:
| Van joined me for a nap the other day. Look at those lips! |
| Waxing Moby's eyebrows! |
| Cheese : ) |
| Ella and Van |
He's just too cute!
ReplyDelete