Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A most wonderful surprise


I am officially 38 weeks today! And boy am I ready to meet my beautiful little girl. I had the most amazing, perfect, sweet shower to celebrate Rory with everyone I love so dearly on Sunday (a post on that soon!) and on Monday, Derek and I had my 38 week well-visit and an ultrasound!!!!!

We did not think that we would be having another ultrasound but one of my mid-wives thought that Rory may be in the lower 9 pounds at birth so she ordered an ultrasound to check everything out.

It was so exciting to get to see her sweet face that I could not stop smiling or laughing. As soon as the ultrasound started she yawned (I guess we were interrupting her nap time!)

And the best news is that she was only 7.5 pounds which means she will more likely be about 8 to 8.5 pounds at birth! So we are letting nature take it's course and not talking induction unless I go way past my due date.

Doesn't she look just like Van?? I could just eat up those lips!!
Of course seeing her as made me want her here so badly so I can hold her in my arms and shower her with hugs, kisses and buckets of love and have her meet all the special people who love her just as much as I do.

My heart is over-flowing.

3 comments:

  1. She looks exactly like your little boy and those cherub cheeks... my goodness! My due date is on the 24th... 5 days and he's taking his time I think he loves being in his little waterbed :) so excited for you! Bring on the babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna you are so close!!!! How are you feeling? I bet you are so ready just like I am. I just want to see her little face and hold her in my arms!! I am very happy and excited for you and I can't wait to see your little mister's sweet face. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Ha arrived on 7.25.12 I really need to get on the ball and update my blog. I'm actually still in the hospital recovering. I must update my blog immediately :) it was the longest 68 hours of my life!

    ReplyDelete