Sunday, May 6, 2012

Freaky Friday


Today started just like any other Friday, Van looked at "me see pictures of me" (pictures/videos of him) while I drank my coffee and made us breakfast. Bobby (his blanket) even joined in on the picture viewing. Then we headed to the gym to blow off some steam.

loves looking at pictures

Nap time was pretty productive for me. I must be nesting. I sanded and painted Rory's dresser so I could replace the knobs with more girly ones. I also put contact paper in all her drawers so her clothes are on a clean surface. Then I washed all the clothes she has received thus far.

Baxter took part in nap time too!
After a fairly long nap we went and met Daddy for dinner. When we got home Van wanted to take a walk, with his big boy bike - not his push(Strider bike)! Derek and I were a little unsure about this walk since we assumed one of us would end up carrying a 40+ pound toddler and the other carrying a bicycle.

My two boys -  so silly when they're together.

But much to our surprise and amazement, Van got the hang of no training wheels quickly! And by the end of the walk he was able to start pedaling from a stopped position and brake without using his shoes. I continue to be in awe of my sweet boy but it kind of made me sad too. He is growing up so fast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment