Saturday, May 19, 2012

29 weeks and getting beach ready



How quickly 29 weeks has come and how fast approaching these 10 weeks are.

I keep looking over my list of to-do's before Rory arrives and I have yet to check off some major items. Hopefully this week I will get to a few of them. 

big brother is so excited for the arrival of his baby sister

29 weeks

I'm really starting to get uncomfortable at night. I feel great all day but then I sit down at the end of the day and this baby bump is all up in my way. I think I'm trying to do too much at this point because I'm having a lot more pain and cramps than I had with Van. I am sure it has to do with the fact that I still try to pick Van up sometimes and at 42 pounds, he is way over the weight limit I'm allowed to carry. But that is my go-to move when he's doing something I don't want him to be doing. 

So, I'd really like to stay this size and not get any bigger but fat chance of that happening. I should be gaining about a pound a week from here on out and that means at least 10 more pounds of baby love to carry around!!!!

Lucky for me Rory loves fruit and veggies so hopefully that will help me keep the weight gain to a minimum.  I just want to be at a healthy weight and not be extremely uncomfortable during the hottest months of the year.

Rory's must have snacks:

*edamame rice crackers from Trader Joe's (I could seriously eat the whole bag and thankfully one serving of 38 crackers is only 2 grams of fat + low sodium!)
*carrot chips & cucumbers with edamame hummus (also from Trader Joe's)
*bananas, grapes & strawberries
*organic apples with sunflower butter
*salads
*greek yogurt with granola & honey
*venti iced americano with 3 pumps of white mocha, no water, & extra ice from Starbucks
*Trader Joe's cereal bars (so this fig walked into a bar.....)
*roasted cauliflower & broccoli

Rory also has a sweet tooth and after dinner every night CRAVES something sweet. I try to just enjoy a nice cold glass of organic chocolate milk but sometimes I indulge in some ice cream or a brownie or two ; )


Next Saturday is the start of our annual Luke family vacation on Kiawah Island. Coastal Living just ranked the top 15 happiest places to live on the coast and Kiawah Island came in #1! If you have never been before, I highly recommend taking a vacation here. 

Our little beach bum LOVED Kiawah last year


So, along with my to-do list for Rory, I have been going over and over my packing list for the beach and sending email after email to my family about odds and ends. I'm sure they just love all my questions and forced organization!

What are your favorite/must-have beach items?

I think this year a must-have for me will be a large beach umbrella. And I've been searching for some good, natural sunscreen. We go through so much but all the chemicals that are in majority of the sunscreen out there really freaks me out. Last year I thought I was being good getting Baby Aveeno and it stung our eyes terribly.

I better start getting things together now so that we can actually leave in a week!





No comments:

Post a Comment