Sunday, May 9, 2010

Van's First Triathlon


Yesterday Derek participated in the Jetton Triathlon at Lake Norman. It was Van's first experience watching his daddy race. The day could not have been more beautiful. I throughly enjoy going to all Derek's events, not only for the pride I feel watching my husband challenge himself physically but people are always so friendly.

Derek did a great job as usual though he says he needs to start running after his bike rides in order to train better for the next race. Which I believe is next month! He is doing three sprint triathlons (swim 500-700 yards, bike 12-15 miles and run a 5k) to train for his Half-Iron Man (1.5 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run) coming up in September.

Swim Daddy Swim (the water was so choppy from the wind)

Run Daddy Run

Van daydreaming about his first triathlon

Derek finished 43rd out of 247 people

Daddy and son

No comments:

Post a Comment