Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to both of my fabulous mothers and to all my mommy friends. You are all amazing women and I am so lucky to have you in my life!

Mom, thank you for all the love that you have given me through the years and all the love that you continue to bring into my life. Only now am I able to recognize the depth and strength of a mother's love. I never knew I could love someone more, would be willing to give so much of myself to another person, be so in love with someone, amazed at a life I created from scratch, until I had my precious baby boy. I oftentimes hold him in my arms, eyes full of joyful tears, and I just stare at him in awe. What an amazing life God has given to me. Then I smile even more to think my mom felt the same way about me when I was born and how blessed am I to have a life that was full of such love from the very beginning. Mom - you are inspiration to me. Thank you for being the greatest mom and for giving me such confidence as I begin my journey of being a mommy.

Mama Utsey, thank you for everything you do for me, Derek and Van. Thank you for raising Derek to be an amazing man. He has a heart of gold and a pure soul. He is my very best friend, a wonderful husband, and an incredible father. That all started with you. I am eternally grateful for you and I love you with all my heart. Thank you for always treating me like your daughter and friend. I am so lucky to have you in my life as another great example of what being a mother means.

Today was a lovely day. Derek, Van and I met mom, dad, Candace, Clay, Jereme, Selwa, Mama Utsey, Papa Utsey and Josh out at the lake for a delicious Mother's Day brunch.

Sitting down for brunch

Hash brown casserole, Sausage, Egg & Cheese casserole, Butterscotch Scones, Bacon and you know we had Bloody Marys and Mimosas!


I love getting all my family together in one place and just enjoying the day. I was even able to get everyone to stand still while I took a thousand pictures!!

Dad - "How do we look? (Show him the picture) Dashing!"

Look at that beautiful baby bump!!!

Nana gave me this Elmo - he's as big as me!

Uncle Josh and Papa Utz playing with Van

Two peas in a pod

My first Mother's Day

Josh and me

My big family - love them!

The Utsey's (love the bunny ears dad!!!)

The Luke's

Elmo and Van - BFF's


Van's gift to me this Mother's Day - he cut his first tooth!! I noticed a little bit of blood on his burp cloth then after he spit up I saw some blood on his onesie so Derek looked into his mouth and said there was a slit on his bottom gums. I took a closer look and sure enough there is a little white tooth peeking through. Poor little Peanut was in some serious pain. But it was nothing that a little generic children's tylenol and baby orajel couldn't fix.

Umm mom, something hurts.

You can see the little spot of blood on his burp cloth. : (


My boys - thank you for making this Mother's Day so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment