
Our little beach babe
Our family (not the greatest picture). Hales I'm going to need your help taking one over the fourth!
This past weekend we went to Kiawah Island for Jay and Rebecca's wedding. Derek and I wanted to take Van with us since he had never been on the beach before so we asked my parents if they would like to come too. That way we could have a mini family vacation and Van would get to spend a lot of quality time with his Nana and Colonel while Derek and I attended wedding festivities!
It was a weekend full of much happiness! I just love going to weddings where your marriage is strengthened by witnessing two people you love get married to their greatest love and best friend. Jay and Rebecca made a gorgeous bride and groom. Rebecca looked like an Old Hollywood movie star and Jay was simply dashing. Both the rehearsal dinner and wedding were stunning, elegant, and straight out of Coastal Weddings magazine (if there is one!). Everywhere you looked people were smiling, laughing and having great fun. Thank you Jay and Rebecca for including us in your special weekend. It was an honor and privilege to be a part of your celebration. We will remember it for years to come!
We spent the afternoons on the beach and it was so fun to see Van's face as he experienced the ocean for the first time! Mac, Libby and Betsy Grace joined us both afternoons under the umbrellas for family beach time. Van and Betsy Grace had a grand ole time! On Saturday we had more friends join us for beach time but I was really bad and didn't take any pictures. : (
Van had the giggles every time a wave came up and crashed into him!
Van and Betsy Grace playing in the sand
Daddy and baby beach time

So happy hanging out
Learning to walk

He was mesmerized by the feeling of wet sand between his fingers. I thought for sure he was going to try to eat it but he just held onto a fistful of sand until I pried open his hand and rinsed it off.
Thank you mom and dad for taking such great care of Van. We know he enjoyed every minute of it. I'm so happy you got to spend all that time with him.
We have a beach baby for sure on our hands. We were off our normal nap schedule this weekend but Van couldn't keep his eyes open for long when he was listening to the sound of the waves crashing into the sand.
He fell asleep in daddy's arms sitting out on the patio
Here he fell asleep during a walk on the beach! Love the arm!
My dad caught a picture of Van eating his foot!!! Little booger didn't stop eating his toe for Grandpa!












No comments:
Post a Comment