Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Changing EVERY day


Tonight as I lay next to Van (we snuggle before he goes to bed) I was thinking to myself about all the changes that have taken place in the last couple of weeks.

Everyday, he does something new and while it is so exciting - it's also a little bittersweet. It's all happening so fast.

Here is a list of more firsts:

He can pick his paci up from wherever and place it directly into his mouth (right side up).

He has been turning his head to look up at me when he is sitting in my lap or when we are lying next to each other snuggling in bed, then he reaches out and holds my face. (Makes me want to tear up).

He can move his exersaucer forward.

He screams in delight! Especially when he sees the dogs - then he starts pursing his lips together, "BBBBBAAAAA" (I think he's trying to say Baxter!)

He had his first audition last week. We had to wait two hours in the late afternoon (his bottle & naptime) before it was our turn and he did so well. He was very occupied watching the other children around us but I was still so proud of him. *We didn't get the job but he loved the camera. He was very talkative and smiley when we were auditioning.

He sticks his pointer fingers & middle fingers from both hands into his mouth to chew on. I could only catch one hand - every time I got the camera out he would take one hand out of his mouth and reach for me.


He sleeps on his side now. And on that note, he is rolling more easily from tummy to back and working on the back to tummy. He has even started trying to get his knees under him so he can reach for his toys.

This morning, I caught him with his foot in his mouth!

And, he laughs hysterically during peek-a-boo...........

No comments:

Post a Comment