Well, we just returned from another fabulous week at the beach! I know what you're thinking............but, you just got back from a week at the beach with your family?!?
This seems to be the summer of beach love. I won't rub it in or anything but we leave again in 5 days to go back to Bald Head for a week for the 4th of July!!!!
I am not sure how we got so lucky to be able to take all these trips (especially before Rory arrives) but I feel so blessed to have each week with our family and best friends.
Before heading to the beach, I scheduled a sibling tour at the hospital for Van. He was a little shy but warmed up once we got into the labor and delivery room and he got to play with all the buttons on the bed. I have a feeling that I will be getting quite the ride when he comes to visit his newborn baby sister. There is no chance he will forget about those buttons!
| holding his "baby sister" |
We started our trip with a short visit to see our friends Grey & Haley in Wilmington. Grey & Derek have started a new business called Beach Bum Bike Caddy, and their shipment just got off the boat from China so they wanted a couple days to pound the pavement and sell some bike caddies! Haley & I are extremely proud that the Beach Bum Bike Caddy can be found at several retailers all along the coast of North Carolina!
![]() |
| If you need one for your bike, let me know. As Haley says, "All the cool kids have one!" |
Our cottage on the island is right on the beach with the best view of the Cape Fear River from our back deck so we spent a lot of time outside watching the large ocean freighters, sailboats, ferry boats, oil tankers and tug boats come and go on the Inter coastal. Van was in heaven. So was Papa! (to view the pictures in a larger window, just click on the collage below)
We saw this cute little bum every morning! And yes, I let my child pee off the deck EVERY morning. Whatever it takes to get him excited about potty training and this seems to be working for us!
![]() |
| island favorites: coffee with a view, hanging at the shoals club, golf cart rides, and beach parties |
![]() |
| Hanging out with Mimi and watching sunsets |
![]() |
| more boat watching and hammock relaxing |
One of Josh's best friends, Magan (or Bacon as Van calls her) got married on Bald Head this last weekend so we had a love filled weekend of celebrating a sweet couple - cheers to Magan and Daniel!
| The wedding ceremony was held beneath Old Baldy Lighthouse |
While we were at wedding festivities, Van got to hang out with Haley (lucky!) and we came home Saturday night to find him passed out in her lap! So sweet.







I cant wait to take Aidan on the sibling tour at the hospital. Hes so inquisitive about the whole process.
ReplyDelete