This last weekend we drove to Wilmington to visit our very best friends The Kinlaws and to attend the wedding of my sweet friend Amber.
It was a lovely weekend full of friends, fish, love and a few tears.
I have MAJOR pregnancy brain right now and would honestly forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body so I of course forgot my camera. Luckily my iphone takes pretty great pictures so I was able to catch a few sweet moments.
Saturday we took Van to the Aquarium at Fort Fisher. I think we were all excited to see all the animals and it was so fun to see Van face light up as he ran from exhibit to exhibit. Haley told me that the aquarium is available for rent for events. Wouldn't that be a cool place to have your wedding reception?
"Heeeeeyyyy Ish!"
The alligators were getting a little friendly. It's freaky to see these animals so close. And they didn't move at all.
Right after this picture Van ran up to me and gave me a big kiss. Guess he was feeling amorous too! ; )
After an obligatory lunch at Dockside Haley and I headed off to a consignment sale to look for clothes for little bean. It was REALLY hard for me to shop for a girl. Even Haley said it was a bit overwhelming. I'm not fond of pink and there aren't many options out there for little girls that don't look like a bottle of Pepto just exploded all over their outfit. We did manage to find some sweet pieces but I can't wait to go shopping again. We have a lot of consignment sales coming up in Charlotte.
A few of my favorite finds and the muslin blanket Haley bought for bean.
Saturday night Haley & Grey were so kind to babysit Van while Derek and I went to Amber's wedding.
Happy as clam. He loves his Aunt Haley & Uncle Grey and apparently, Roxie is his best friend! Hales, I am going to need that video!

The wedding was so full of love, laughter and tears of joy. It was the perfect mix of intimate and elegant and I expected nothing less from Amber. Derek and I had a wonderful time! I LOVE how great weddings leave you with a feeling of renewed love and appreciation for your spouse. I left that evening praising God for all the blessing in my life. Congratulations again Amber and Chris. I wish a world of happiness for you both.
the stunning bride and groom

me and my hubs
No comments:
Post a Comment