“A name can't begin to encompass the sum of all her parts. But that's the magic of names, isn't it? That the complex, contradictory individuals we are can be called up complete and whole in another mind through the simple sorcery of a name.”
― Charles de Lint, Dreams Underfoot
We are excited to announce that we have a name picked out for our sweet little bean:
Aurora "Rory" Blair
Aurora is my beautiful mom's middle name and my grandmother's middle name. My mom didn't pass it down to me because she was made fun of in middle school. I wish now that I would have changed it when I got married and changed my last name! I have wanted to use it as my daughter's name for as long as I can remember and when I first found out I was pregnant I always imagined I was carrying baby Rory!
We just love the name Blair and thought it flowed well with Aurora. It is also the name of Derek's best friend so we made sure to ask him when we were pregnant the first time if he would mind if we used his name.
I am right at 22 weeks with Miss Rory and all is well. I go in on Thursday for my next well visit and I can't wait to hear her heartbeat again.
| sweet little face |
| it's a girl!!!!! |
| 21 weeks |
Van has been super sweet with his baby sister. We've bought her a few things and he loves to lift up my shirt to show his "baby gurl" her new toy. He does this by putting said toy right up to my belly button! Then he kisses my belly and says love you. I hope there is that much love and more when she arrives! My mom said I was sweet to Candace until about a week or two in when I asked mom to send her back to the hospital ; )
| "Me see my baby" |
I have tried my best to continue all my weekly workouts getting in at least 2-3 cardio sessions, 1 weight-lifting training session and a yoga class (still my fave).
Rory loves:
salads
anything salty
raw veggies like carrots and cucumbers dipped in hummus
chocolate milk
mini cadbury eggs
mike & ike jelly beans
oranges
apples
coffee
Rory could give up:
most meatsanything fried
this sounds weird but dry foods - like pretzels (eck)
I sold our Baby Jogger on Craigslist and I am now searching for a tandem double stroller. I am leaning towards a Phil & Ted's or a Britax Be Ready. I hope to find one soon because the weather as been so beautiful here and I'd really like to get out and walk the booty loop! Anyone have any likes/dislikes on either stroller?
We're still trying to figure out Rory's space in our room. A friend made a good point when she said I should probably get a portable crib or a regular crib instead of a bassinet since babies usually outgrow a bassinet in 2-3 months. So that changes some things. And I've been looking on craigslist for dressers and I am definitely leaning towards an antique looking dresser to modernize.
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with these two big projects even though I have 3 months.
On a brighter note, Candace, mom and a few close friends want to throw Rory a Sprinkle in June so I am really excited about getting all my friends together for food and drink to celebrate her impending arrival!
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteWhen my mom was pregs with my little brother I would talk to him by opening her mouth and literally yelling down her throat! Van will be such a sweet big brother! Such great pics!
That is the sweetest thing Abby! Love it.
Delete