We had yet another busy busy week! Not surprising and with Van starting to show his independence and his want to move (he has become quite the wiggle worm) I have a feeling I am in for some TROUBLE when he really starts going.........
We have started going over to Nana & Colonel's house almost every Sunday for an early dinner. Early because Van likes to go to bed around 6 pm - so like his dad. I truly think Derek would if he could! Anyhoo, it was just me and Van last Sunday because Derek was at the house tearing a wall down. (We are moving back to our house in Dilworth - that is a whole other post that I will get to soon!)
Uncle Clay put Van up on his shoulders so Van could see everything and......
Van was only interested in chewing on Uncle Clay's Bobcats hat (think he even got a little spit-up on it! Ooops!
When Van tired of being held he spent some time pushing himself around the deck in his MoMo (Elmo exersaucer).
I can't wait until he starts trying to chase the dogs around in this thing!
Papa Utz was out of town for a few days attending Sun n' Fun and he sent this picture to Van. I just know Van's going to be VERY interested in planes!
Our mornings and evenings just got a little bit messier now that Van is trying to feed himself:
Van got to meet my best friend Angie's little boy Matthew (he turned 3 December 1st) this week. We have been trying to get them together for months now and it was so adorable to see them interacting. Matthew is the first little one of all my friend's that I have watched grow from birth. He's the sweetest little man and I know he will be a great friend and role model for Van. Just like Ang is my great friend and role model!
Hello there!
Matty let Van grab all over his face without a flinch!
Best buds watching cartoons. I foresee a lot of Saturdays spent like this!
And I can't believe I caught this on camera.............
Derek looking so happy (and handsome) with his son on his shoulders.....little does he know what is coming his way..........
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! Derek - "Melissa - get him! OH MY GOSH he just spit-up all over my face!" me - laughing so hard I am on the ground and I almost peed my pants!!!
I think we'll both be glad when he quits spitting up so much!!! ; )

I am on the floor almost peeing in my pants now!!! Haha!!! I love it when stuff like that happens to the dad's.
ReplyDelete