Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy 4 month Birthday sweet Van


On April 11th, Van turned 4 months old. Thank goodness that was the day Derek and I were flying back to our precious little boy! I don't think he realized until the next day that we were home because he was so sleepy when we arrived but we had a wonderful day of catching up on Monday.

Tuesday, April 13th was Van's 4 month well check-up with his pediatrician. The appointment could not have gone better! He passed all his tests/games with flying colors, weighed in at a healthy 17.3 lbs and measured 26 inches (I think he's longer than that but the little stinker would not straighten out his leg for the nurse!)

He was as happy as a clam during the whole appointment, blowing raspberries at Jan and trying to grab all her instruments. She asked me how long he has been blowing those raspberries and I guessed a couple of days......she was amazed and said that he was advanced since normally babies don't get the hang of that until 6 months!

He even did ok taking his shots. That is the worst part for me but this time I came armed with a bottle and tried my best to distract him from the pain. We took a nice, long nap snuggled together when we got home. I do really baby him on shot day but needles are not fun and he deserves some extra lovin'!

I love seeing Jan because she really gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling about being a great mom. She said we're right on track with our feeding schedule and nap schedule. She was like I bet he's a really easy baby. And I couldn't agree more. Now, he does have his moments but for the most part he makes being his mom and dad a little slice of heaven.

We love him to bits and pieces and can't get enough of his sweet disposition.

He is sticking everything in his mouth these days and a new thing he just did that I've been trying to capture on film - he's been reaching for Baxter & Hurley!



Here is another exersaucer Martha & Cole gave Van. This one he is able to move around in with his feet. He hasn't gotten the hang of going forward yet but he has mastered the art of reverse!!!

Here is my sweet boy waiting on mommy to get ready so we could go to playgroup! Doesn't he look comfy! Oh I just want to eat those cheeks!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me tear up when they tell me I'm a good mom at the pediatrician!!! HAHA! I mean did you think Van was anything less than perfect?? =)

    ReplyDelete