Monday, July 19, 2010

The life of a 7 month old is..........

BUSY BUSY BUSY. Or I should say the life of a mommy of a 7 month old but potatoes pahtatoes.

Van has been having fun hanging out with friends and family.

We had a playdate with his BFF Lawton on Friday. These two were friends in the womb and it's been very entertaining for Brooke (Lawton's beautiful mommy) and I to watch them grow up together. Brooke and I met as tweens and became fast friends who lost touch when we went to different high schools and college. But, after reconnecting with Brooke's mom (she taught me how to knit) it wasn't long before the two of us were back to being friends (preggo with our first sons at the same time!). Brooke's hilarious blog about her little man is http://lifelovelawton.blogspot.com/.

We bbm (blackberry messenger) all day everyday so much so that both are hubbys are a bit jealous! Whenever my phone gongs (my bbm alert), Derek is like, "Who is that???? Brooke?" Hey - who else can you talk to you in the middle of the night and I'm talking about 2/3 am while you are nursing your babe? Only your best friend who is doing the same!!! I think I've even woken Derek up laughing at something Brooke texted me. Those were some delirious nights!


Brooke, thanks for always being there and for being such a sweet, gah-geous friend. You have been a godsend to me and I really don't know what I would have done without you. I am so happy we are on this journey of motherhood at the same time. And I am very thankful Van has Lawton in his life!! Love ya!


Maybe Lawton can come over again soon and teach Van his sweet soccer moves?!?! Guess I need to keep the camera on the horizontal. Oops!



Van's beautiful, sweet second cousins came to visit from Cali this last week and Van throughly enjoyed all the love and attention they showered him with. He loves him some pretty girls!

Jessica, Jacqueline, Jacob, Keeley & Van

Jack wanted to take Van home with her!

Getting some love from Jess

The Colonel snuck into the picture

Van telling Cole that he can't wait to meet him!



Keeping Van entertained doesn't take much:

an exercise ball....

have you seen "Blue Steel?"


cleaning out his baskets of clothes

or

a simple game of peek

-a-boo!

If you can't tell, we are having a blast at the Utsey house!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the peek a boo! i was also just searching online last night for the tie shirt! where did you get? i love!
    i feel same way missy - very lucky to have you and jack is the same - a bit jealous ;-)
    xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the cutest shirt? Mama Utsey bought it for him at Peek-A-Boo Couture at Metropolitan! It would look fab on Lawton too! Ooooh we could dress them both in it and take pictures!!!!! LMAO - they're going to be so annoyed with us when they are older!

    ReplyDelete