We had the most fabulous trip back to Bald Head Island this year for the Fourth of July with two of our favorite people - Haley and Grey Kinlaw. And their amazing family. It was a week full of eating delicious food, golf cart rides, canoeing, golfing, spa treatments, paddle boarding, napping, fabulous friends, great conversations, too many inside jokes to repeat, and so much laughter.
Van's first Fourth, I was a little nervous about how he would do. As he gets older it's harder for him to be off his normal routine. But he was such a golden boy. From the drive down there to the drive home he was so happy.

Teething on the drive to Bald Head.
Not his first ferry ride.
Derek teaching him the ropes.
July 2nd. Our first night on Bald Head @ the Conservancy Picnic.
I lost my camera for three days after this picture was taken. It fell out of our stroller. Funny story - Zach (Grey's brother) was walking behind us and picked up the camera but claimed "everyone was looking at him like he was going to steal it, so he put it back on the ground!" Thanks Zach. We appresh. Hahahahahaha.
Thankfully, Grey's Aunt and Uncle lent us their camera to use to capture Van's first Fourth of July. But I haven't had a chance to go get those pictures uploaded yet so that will have to be another post.
Van started doing this funny tongue/gum smacking thing one night and I just barely got it on camera.
Napping with daddy on the hammock.
Lounging at Ebb & Flo's. Watching the World Cup with the Guys.
Our little man LOVES the beach.
Look at that sandy face.
One of my favorite pictures. Father and son in the sea.
The sunset view from our back deck.
Hales, Van and I spent almost a whole day napping and watching a Burn Notice marathon!
Van had a fabulous time with Mrs Marcia. She loved on him while we went canoeing and paddle boarding.
My view for most all excursions on the island.
Van's view! Hahahahahahahaha!
Van sprawled out in Uncle Grey's lap.
Grey, Derek and Van "making plans"
Our future tennis star
Can I just tell you that I have been seriously missing your blog posts! So glad you caught us all up! Van is growing so much. Isn't it crazy/fun/scary how fast they grow? Time flies when your having fun I guess. Looks like y'all had a great time at BHI. Let's do the pool one day soon. xoxo
ReplyDelete