Friday, March 21, 2014

Van says...........


Today was such a great day. We spontaneously met an old friend at Freedom Park for a picnic lunch and play date. It was not only great to see my friend and her sweet boy but the kids were in such great spirits and we ended up running into a couple other friends too.

A successful park day finishes like this: 



While Rory took her nap Van and I enjoyed our leftover froyo from yesterday on the back deck, in the sun. (A treat after his haircut yesterday.)



Which by the way he was so happy with. Thank you Sara. I can't tell you how happy it made me to see him so excited. He is obsessed with the fact that he now looks like Jake (from the Neverland Pirates).

On the deck Van turns to me and says, "having Cherry Berry on a hot day is the best."

Then later as we are getting in the car, "mommy, you are the BEST mommy."

To hear those words of appreciation from my sweet boy I honestly have no words. It truly makes my heart so full. 

I am beyond thankful for days like today. 

1 comment:

  1. that pic of rory is the best! Lawton says the same to me, I love it!! we are lucky girls! xo

    ReplyDelete