I will spare you all the gory details and only say this; the darn stomach bug claimed three victims in our house last weekend. I was fortunate to not get it but I had a sinus infection so I was still sick.
Rory caught it first, then like dominoes Van then Derek came down with it. It lasted about 24 hours. 24 hours of pitifulness. I wish that I could have taken it away from each of them.
Before it hit, Derek and I went to a wonderful event for The Corners Society with a lot of our friends. I had just lost my voice (should have been my first sign of a sinus infection) so I could not really talk but it was still A LOT of fun. So nice to get dressed up and have an evening with my handsome hubby, all the while supporting a wonderful cause. My parents watched the kids for us and I said they could stay up as late as Nana & Papa let them so they had a great night getting spoiled.
 |
| two of my best friends. i LOVE these ladies. |
 |
| i found this on my phone and thought it captured the night perfectly for us |
I wish that I could say after a lovely evening we had a great night's rest but that was not the case. Sometime in the middle of the night we changed all three beds in the matter of 10 minutes. NOT FUN. And that was just the beginning!
 |
| the only photo i took while we were in the thick of it. rory was so concerned with van not feeling well. he was not himself and she just wanted to play |
 |
| on the mend, letting it all hang out |
 |
| so happy they have each other to lean on |
By Tuesday night we were back to normal and back to our silly selves.
 |
| rory's new "smile" face when you want to take her picture. cracks me up! |
 |
| cheese faces |
I know I am not alone in saying this but all this cold weather and sicknesses have me wishing, hoping, and praying that Spring comes quickly. We have our annual March Madness trip next weekend and I can't wait to see the beach!
 |
| i hope all this is in our near future |
No comments:
Post a Comment