Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Bushel and A Peck

"I love you a bushel and a peck, 
a bushel and a peck
And a hug around the neck."



I have always wanted to go apple picking and was so excited when my mom said she would go with me and the kids this year. I tried to get Derek to go with us but with his work schedule, he just didn't have the time. 

So, towards the end of October we headed to Apple Hill Orchard & Cider Mill in the mountains of Western North Carolina. It was such a fun day. Beautiful, if not slightly warm fall weather, quality time with Nana, space for Van and Rory to run, and we picked enough apples to make applesauce and apple butter for ourselves and a few close friends!

I hope to capture this picture every year.

She had just started doing this under bite face. So funny and apparently a Danens trait!

He was so proud of his apple picking skills.

And he was so sweet helping Rory pick her own apples.

My heart.


Nana helping Rory.


Two bushels full.

Nana and her BatVan.

The Auroras


My little heartbreaker




A fun day and by the end these two were tired and ready for lunch!

"See you next year Apple Hill!" - Farmer Van


We packed our lunch in a Yeti cooler and after we finished picking our apples we sat down for a delicious and still cold lunch. And on the way home, mom and I looked up all kinds of recipes for apple everything. We finally decided apple butter would be made.

I can't wait for next year! Until then I will be enjoying my apple butter homemade with love by Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment