Monday, January 14, 2013

Rory is 5 months



Happy 5 months sweet Rory! I can't believe how quickly you are starting to change. I wanted to document you in the gorgeous bassinet Fairy God-mother Dalcha let you sleep in. Isn't it fabulous? Your head and feet almost touch end to end but it's so beautiful I don't want to take it out of your room just yet.




Southern Nest monogram

Such a happy and content baby girl.

Rory and her teddy bear from Mr & Mrs Hendrick



At 5 months:

  • You got your first two teeth (on the bottom) on Christmas Day!! I got my first tooth at 4 months too.
  • I think you are going to be a blonde. Your hair is growing in so light but you still have a little patch of dark hair at the back of your head
  • You have to be close to 20 pounds and you love to be held all day so my back is all out of whack!
  • Clothes are size 9 - 12 months. Your legs are too long for 9 months but your arms aren't long enough for 12 months!
  • We do tummy time everyday but you quickly roll onto your back and then continue rolling until you get where you want to go or get stuck.
  • I'm pretty sure you tried to crawl the other night. 
  • You are a mama's girl through and through. I'm sure it has to do with us being together 24/7 and the fact that you are still strictly nursing but whenever someone else holds you, you stare me down and then cry until I pick you up out of their arms. 
  • Van is just as obsessed with you as we are and plays with you all the time. He loves to love you. You are one lucky little girl.
  • Toys are your new thing. You have a couple favorites and you get so excited when someone holds them out to you. Your arms and legs go wild!
  • Once a day (around dinner) you eat 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with a tablespoon of veggie. Sweet Peas and Sweet Potatoes are your faves so far. Green Beans caused you to get this funny look and then you proceeded to Poltergeist your dinner all over the kitchen. Not cool.
  • Bedtime differs from night to night. I want to start sleep training at 6 months. 
  • We don't have a nap schedule either and that is something else we need to work on. Your naps last about 30 minutes and if Van is home you fight them. You do not want to miss anything. 
  • Teething continues. I think your bottom two incisors are coming in now. I feel so bad for you.
  • Van says his favorite thing about you right now is your dancing! You love to listen to music with him and I have to really hold onto you or you will dance yourself out of my lap.
  •  You love the Johnny JumpUp and Elmo Walker we just brought home. Always on the move.
There are so many wonderful little things that we love about you. It's so fun to see how you grow and we look forward to seeing the world through your eyes. We love you to the moon and back sweet pea.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment