This kid cracks me up. I wish I carried around a notebook so I remembered to write down all the funny, sweet and out there things that come out of this child's mouth.
Van has been very receptive to learning his manners and I think mostly learns from what he sees. When Derek and I started dating, Derek basically told me that I had poor manners so I am sort of OCD now about my please and thank you's (but if I owe you a thank you note right now please don't judge me - I promise to get one to you, hopefully before Christmas!)
Anywhoo, Van is such a sweet child. As we were leaving his Mimi's house last night he said, "thank you for having us over Mimi." Melted his Mimi's heart.
And today as he was playing in the backyard he asked for his wheel barrow. I told him I would get it for him and throw it down. It's this little plastic wheel barrow so I thought it could fall 12 feet and be fine. I dropped it over the side of the deck and the front wheel came off! I exclaimed, "OH NO!" And Van said, "Don't worry mommy, I fix it." No crying, no getting mad. Such.a.cool.kid. (He gets it from his daddy)
Then the other day as I was driving Van to school, Taylor Swift came on the radio. I turned up the volume and started singing along. i guess Van was not into my singing because over the radio I hear from the backseat, "IT'S TOO LOUD. I CAN'T HEAR MY CARTOONS!" Sooooooooooorrrrrrrrr-Y.
| playing in his room = piling ALL his toys on his bed |
| riding his razor at mimi & papa's house |
| our little man |
No comments:
Post a Comment