Wow this month has flown by in a blur of diapers, laundry, nursing, naps and sweet baby love.
So I completely cheated and published this post a week ago so that it was dated on her true one month date. But I was waiting on her Sticky Bellies stickers to arrive and her one month well visit with her doctor before I posted an update with pictures! I'm sure the four of you who read this were thinking, "wow - she must be busy to only write one sentence!"
This was a big month for us. We all experienced a huge change and our home was filled with even more love. And you would think that since I already had a baby I would remember what having a newborn is like but that is not the case. It's like the first time all over again.
Rory is a sweet baby. She's a wonderful sleeper. A champ at nursing. Full of smiles.
At one month:
Isn't much of a crier. Makes little grunting noises.
Spends more hours awake during the day but sleeps all night. We dream feed around 2:30 and 4:30.
She usually wakes for her day around 8.
Wears 0-3 months or 3 months clothing.
Has moved up to size 1 diapers.
Loves to be warm and snuggled.
Sleeps in her swing or on me at night (I know it's a bad habit but it's didn't ruin Van and there is nothing like it)
Spits up (not as much as Van did) and it sometimes comes through her nose though she doesn't always cry when she spits up and I imagine it would burn coming up the nose.
Gets grumpy at night between 8 & 9 for about an hour. Daddy is the only one who can calm her down it seems.
Smiles so much. I call her Smiley.
Also call her bean, pumpkin, little miss, little bit and sweet pea.
Doesn't love a paci but we keep trying.
Nurses a lot during the day (every 1.5-2.5 hours) and then sleeps long stretches at night.
At her one month well-visit:
Rory is now 21 3/4 inches long. (75%)
She weighs 11 pounds 0.5 ounces. (98%)
Her head circumference is 38 centimeters. (95%)
So I completely cheated and published this post a week ago so that it was dated on her true one month date. But I was waiting on her Sticky Bellies stickers to arrive and her one month well visit with her doctor before I posted an update with pictures! I'm sure the four of you who read this were thinking, "wow - she must be busy to only write one sentence!"
This was a big month for us. We all experienced a huge change and our home was filled with even more love. And you would think that since I already had a baby I would remember what having a newborn is like but that is not the case. It's like the first time all over again.
Rory is a sweet baby. She's a wonderful sleeper. A champ at nursing. Full of smiles.
At one month:
Isn't much of a crier. Makes little grunting noises.
Spends more hours awake during the day but sleeps all night. We dream feed around 2:30 and 4:30.
She usually wakes for her day around 8.
Wears 0-3 months or 3 months clothing.
Has moved up to size 1 diapers.
Loves to be warm and snuggled.
Sleeps in her swing or on me at night (I know it's a bad habit but it's didn't ruin Van and there is nothing like it)
Spits up (not as much as Van did) and it sometimes comes through her nose though she doesn't always cry when she spits up and I imagine it would burn coming up the nose.
Gets grumpy at night between 8 & 9 for about an hour. Daddy is the only one who can calm her down it seems.
Smiles so much. I call her Smiley.
Also call her bean, pumpkin, little miss, little bit and sweet pea.
Doesn't love a paci but we keep trying.
Nurses a lot during the day (every 1.5-2.5 hours) and then sleeps long stretches at night.
At her one month well-visit:
Rory is now 21 3/4 inches long. (75%)
She weighs 11 pounds 0.5 ounces. (98%)
Her head circumference is 38 centimeters. (95%)
Time is flying by!!! She is so so so cute! I asked Candace if she wanted to make a date to come see her while the big boys were at school one day in the next few weeks! I just can't wait to see her much longer! We'll be in touch! Hahahaha!
ReplyDelete