Saturday, September 15, 2012

Only one in diapers!


We did it or I should say - Van did it! Derek and I decided to give the whole potty training thing a real shot. Van has been going to the bathroom for a while but we had not actually decided to spend the time and get him out of diapers for good. Then, a couple friends sent me the Potty Training Queen's 3-day guide that had worked for them. We used the guide BUT we tweaked it here and there and we are so proud of our little man who has been diaper/pull-up and accident free for a week now!

September has been a big month for us. We got through the first four weeks of having a newborn, potty-trained our little guy and started three day a week pre-school; soccer and a gym class!

There has been lots of just hanging out time, snuggle time, and movie/cartoon time. Van has been so helpful and wants to as he says, "take care of his baby sister." Melts.My.Heart.

Feeding Rory

Showing Rory how to do tummy time 
Snuggling and watching cartoons
Rory's favorite place to take a nap
Enjoying our Labor Day at The Lake
Papa Luke admiring his grand-daughter
Daddy love


It's also been a month of firsts:

First day of pre-school!

Put me in coach! First soccer practice.
First poo in the "magic potty"! That's right we have a magic potty. Such a proud moment!
First mommy and Van date after Rory was born.
Rory's first modeling job. (Post on this to come)

First BBQ!

We are starting to get out of the house here and there. One of my favorite outings was to visit my sweet friend Brooke and her two little dudes who are each born close to Van and Rory. I have been so thankful having Brooke to talk to through the sometimes long nights with a new baby. She always makes me laugh and it's just nice having close friends that you can talk to about anything. 

Double Trouble and their little siblings.

Rory and Wyatt (check out their HUGE hands)

I can't believe we have made it to week 6! I finally feel like I am getting into somewhat of a routine and I am really looking forward to starting back at the gym and with my trainer. Is it odd that I am excited about squats and lunges??? Yes, I think it is!

Me and my sweet girl (Smiley)

I could stare at this face all day

I know I write all sunshine and rainbows on here. I'll be the first to say it is not at all like that all the time. Motherhood is hard and jumping to two babes from one is ten times harder than the transition your life takes from having none to one. But you don't whip the camera out when your toddler is whining and having a tantrum and your baby is screaming for no apparent reason. I am constantly asking God for patience and to come from a place of love when I address my children. But those are not the moments I want to reflect on.

These are the moments I want to remember. I want to focus on the sweetness of these two.











No comments:

Post a Comment