Sunday, February 12, 2012

Update on Baby U #2

I realize I haven't talked much about baby U #2, I guess that is because we found out so early and then we waited what felt like so long to tell everyone; I just got used to not saying anything. Which was a little on the difficult side, considering weeks 8-12 were not so good. This started out as a completely different pregnancy. I had a little nausea with Van in the first trimester but nothing like this time. Being nauseous all day and extremely fatigued at the same time is like having a constant hangover without having any of the fun the night before. With the exception that you know a hangover will go away and with this, I didn't know when the light at the end of the tunnel would present itself!

Then there have been the food aversions. Meat being the biggest one of all. I've been craving more raw veggies and salads. Something about the crispiness?

But now that I have reached 16 weeks I feel amazing. I'm still able to get myself to the gym 4-5 times a week for cardio, a strength-training session with my trainer and some yoga classes (which are my favorite).

At my 14 week appointment, baby's heartbeat was 156 and everything looked great. I can't wait to see little bean again soon.

We have scheduled our anatomy ultrasound and 18 week check-up for March 5th and even though we are going to find out what we are having, we are going to wait until that evening when we have all our family over for dinner and dessert. My dear friend Nicole from Nicole Buchanan Fine Cakes is going to make us a special cake to reveal the gender of our little bean!! I cannot wait to cut open that cake!!!! I've asked everyone to wear pink or blue to represent their guess of the gender. It will be fun to see who wears what. And for those of you skype/
facetime-ing in, you better do the same!!!

Baby U craves:
(and I thought cravings were a joke since I didn't get them with Van. I was wrong.)

Sweet Tea
Salads
Chocolate Milk
Greek Yogurt with granola, blueberries and honey
apples with sunbutter
carrots and cucumbers with hummus
avocado with salt, right out of the peel
anything with cheese

I need to be better at taking bump pictures. This one is from me at 13 weeks. After a yoga class.






No comments:

Post a Comment