Thursday, February 23, 2012

First real illness needing medication

Van woke up from his nap on Tuesday with a little gunk in his eyes. It wasn't too bad and he didn't seem bothered by it so I just thought it was allergies. But, this morning when he still woke up with the gunk and the skin under his eyes looked a little pink and swollen I decided it would be a good idea to take him to see the doctor.

It turns out that Van has his first-ever ear infection and a cold which most likely caused him to get bacterial pink eye (so says the doctor). He was only prescribed an antibiotic which should clear everything up in 10 days (or less hopefully).

On the way to the doctor this morning he kept saying, "mummy, back home". When I told him we would go back home after we saw the doctor he said, "me tough mummy like daddy."

I've never heard him say this before but later after he saw the doctor he said it again, me sick mummy, me tough like daddy." So I asked him to show me his muscles and he sure enough he flexed both arms and gave me that "grrrr" hulk face. So stinking cute I can't even tell you.

I am thankful little man still feels like himself and this ear infection isn't bothering him too much!

He has not been acting sick at all. Yesterday we went to the park to ride his big boy bike. He gets very serious when he is riding his bike!


Then we went to Mimi & Papa's house. Daddy was out of town for the evening so we ate dinner there and Papa gave Van a bath. Lately, Van has been LOVING to run around the house naked, screaming, "Neigh-Ked BeBe!!!!!" It's hilarious, until he pees on something! LOL!

Warming his bum in front of the fire.


And in baby news, all is well. Just getting some painful cramps in my lower abdomen every so often that are not fun. And the bump is still squishy, not hard so I feel more fat than pregnant. I have to repeat to myself, "I am not fat. I am pregnant" at least once a day!

17 weeks


1 comment:

  1. Your updates reappeared on my reading list and I clicked on it..and saw your belly bump. Congratulations! I completely understand why you made your blog private, I often feel like I should do the same...anyway, I had to comment to congratulate you. I am about 18 weeks myself and due July 24th. Summer baby :) Your little boy is adorable and you can tell he'll be the best big brother.

    ReplyDelete