Last weekend I met my best friend, Erin in Boca Raton to have a long girls' weekend and some much needed Melissa time. As a mom, you give so much of yourself to your family. It is something I love to be/do but it is always a good idea to revive, refresh and recharge yourself.
That is exactly what Erin and I did. We got our nails done, watched trash reality tv, took a yoga class at the beach, lounged around talking, laughing and reading books, got a massage, a facial, ate out, cooked in, slept in (is 8 am considered sleeping in?), took walks, laid out on the beach, you get the general idea............
I missed my boys like crazy but it was very nice to have zero responsibility for one weekend. I have not felt that relaxed (like jello) in the longest time.
It was the perfect girls' weekend and really made me miss getting to spend so much time with Erin. There was a time, many years ago (e - frosh year was 14 years ago!!!!!), when we were inseparable. We did almost everything together, without question. And we seemed to pick right back up from where we left off (the sign of a true, genuine friend).
I say we make this a yearly trip. And I promise to do the same with you when you are preggers!! You joke that you were happy I was pregnant so I couldn't drag you out on the town!!
Some pictures from the weekend: all taken from an iPhone
Came with a caption that said "missing mummy"
lunch at Biergarten (best pretzel ever, especially dipped in beer cheese) and that is not a trick of the camera, the pretzel is almost as big as Erin!!
playing with his puppies
after our yoga class
our view from our private patio at the spa, ended up being the perfect spa day as we did not miss any sun, we spent the day lounging around in our spa robes
after a blissful day at the spa, we ate dinner at The Office in Del Ray. it was the perfect people watching spot
and Sunday, after a leisurely morning we spent the only sun-filled hours of the weekend on the beach, i just had to get some color
nothing better than toes in the ocean and sand
No comments:
Post a Comment