Derek was out of town Friday night so I decided to take Van to go see Beauty and The Beast 3D with his friend Matt and Matt's mommy Angie. There was an air of excitement as we purchased our tickets, popcorn and candy! The boys couldn't wait to put their 3D glasses on and Van looked so cute in his, it made me want to buy him a fake pair!!
He patiently sat in his seat, eating popcorn with his glasses on through about 20 minutes of previews. They still were not over when he had had enough and decided the glasses had to go and playing with the theater seats was much more fun...........
Who decides to put in more than 20 minutes worth of movie previews in a child's cartoon movie?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
Sheesh.
When Van started heading for the stairs, I knew it was time to step in. This resulted in a squeal (of delight). He thought I was playing chase with him!
After trying to watch from the sidelines with no success I knew we had to leave. We ended up spending the movie in the car (in the pouring rain) listening to Lady Antebellum on Pandora (so mommy wouldn't have a nervous breakdown!)
I've learned my lesson. No more movie dates (mommy + Van) for probably another year. There is most likely a good reason you don't pay for a child movie ticket until 3 years old!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment