Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jet Planes, California Sunshine & tiny handprints

Our trip to Cali was amazing. I was so nervous about how Van would do on the flights but it seems I worried for not. He was so good. I think he just enjoyed watching all the other travelers and he especially liked walking up and down the aisle on the plane with Papa. I thought people would mind that less than a fussy toddler. ; )



Wish we all could have napped like this!



We spent one of our first afternoons in Old Sacramento, an old mining town that is the perfect mix of tourist trap and carnival. Toy shops, chocolate shop, magic shops, CANDY shops, horse drawn carriages, did I mention CANDY shops??

Van had fun in the toy shop watching the trains. He had the best view on Beau's shoulders (Beau is 6'7")!


Got Milk? To go with my chocolate covered graham cracker? Notice all the delish candy apples in the background? Yum!



It was a hot day but it was nice walking around with everyone, exploring and showing our babes a place we went to so many times when we were little kids.




I am so thankful my grandparents have a pool in their backyard. It was a major source of entertainment for us as children and we spent quite a few days there from early morning until after dinner. This trip was no different. Van loved the pool and got used to his new swimmies in no time!


Hanging out with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. Van adored them both and thought Grandpa was so funny trying to scare him with duck calls!


My entire family (except for Derek) came out to Cali for the week and needless to say by day 3 Van was missing his daddy so much that he tried to find a surrogate!! This was the day he learned out to say Clay and he would run around the house yelling for "kay! kay! kay!" And basically stand in Clay's face until he got the attention he wanted. It was super cute but I felt terrible that he missed his daddy so much.



Cole and Van spent lots of quality time together which was good for both boys! They even managed to wear almost the exact outfit one day (not planned). We walked out of our bedrooms and here they were. Blue t-shirts and plaid shorts!



We took a day trip to Lake Tahoe, ate lunch and drove around admiring the scenic view. We did a little sight-seeing and shopping but it's practically impossible with two toddlers!













Candace and Clay celebrated their second wedding anniversary with a trip to San Fran. it was an unusually hot day and they came home with some pretty CRAZY stories. If you know them, ask them about it. I promise you won't regret the laughs!!! Spoiler alert: there's something about a mythical creature - half man, half horse...............



The day we were leaving my dad said to my grandma, " Well mom, I think you'll go through a whole bottle of windex cleaning up all the tiny handprints around your house." She looked around and said, " I think I'll leave them up for a while." I almost started bawling. How sweet is that? I wish we lived closer so Van could leave his handprints all over her house all the time. It made me realize how special all those smudges are that I constantly try to clean up. I leave them a little longer now! I love you with all my heart Grandma and Grandpa and I hope we see you again real soon. Thank you for letting us take over your house for a week.

Until next time Cali........



No comments:

Post a Comment