This last weekend we made our second annual March Madness Bald Head Island weekend trip with our friends Grey & Haley. And boy was this year different! Van was only 3 months old last year and didn't do much but lay around. I definitely think he had more fun this time around!
We stopped in Wilmington Friday afternoon and visited Van's Great-Grammy. She was amazed at how much he had grown since she saw him last and had a lot of fun chasing him around on his little car.
She wanted me to get a picture of Van under this pretty cherry blossom tree but little man would not stand still. He had too may places to explore!
Like the garage, where he found his favorite thing - a broom!
After helping Grammy sweep her driveway off we all headed to Dockside to enjoy the sunshine and salty air.
There is nothing better than bloodys at the beach.

We discovered that Van LOVES him some ketchup! "Grammy, have you tasted this salty red stuff? It's SO good!"
Our visits with Grammy are always too short but we said our goodbyes and went to pick up Grey and started our journey to Bald Head.
Van really liked the ferry ride

Friday night Grey made tacos and we stayed up pretty late watching the movie "Catfish". It's a documentary about a true story based on facebook and to just call the movie CRAZY does not come close to just how creepy and sad it was.
Saturday was my favorite day.
Windy but look at that sunshine!

The boys went to play golf and Hales, Van and I had our "us" time. We took Van and Roxie (their chocolate lab) onto the beach and let them run. I didn't bring my camera b/c I just wanted to enjoy the moment but I wish I would have filmed a part of it. Van would run into the waves, briefly pause and shiver (the water was freezing); turn and run out giggling like a hyena! Then he would chase Roxie and make this high pitched scream which kind of sounded like a seagull crying?!?! It had Hales and I in stitches.
Once the boys got home, Haley and I went shopping. I have appointed Haley as my personal shopper because she found me the prettiest clothes to buy!
It was the perfect example of a day on BHI. We love our time away on our home away from home with two of our closest friends. And I'm so happy Van got to spend quality time with his Uncle Grey and Aunt Haley.
Van just hanging around
He kept us all entertained
We woke up Sunday to the most spectacular full moon. If I could paint, I would paint this picture.
We had our traditional lunch at Eb & Flo's (more bloodys for moi) then boarded the ferry. We can't wait to get back to Bald Head in July for our seventh annual Fourth of July Kinlaw/Utsey summa! (Hales, can you believe it's been 7 years????)
We had such a good time without guys! I can't believe how fast Van is growing up. July can't come soon enough. Seriously, 7 years!?! We love you guys and all of the many memories we share.
ReplyDeletePS. Please inform all of those who read I was incredibly sick all weekend. Don't judge me in pic above.