Monday, March 14, 2011

15 month well check-up

I can't believe how fast we got here, but Van is now 15 months old!!!! He had his well check-up today and he was such a good boy. He weighed in at 28 pounds (90th percentile), 33" (90-95th percentile) and head circumference of 47" (50th percentile). Everything looks great! And he only cried for his 2nd shot!

Dr. Swetenburg was amazed at how good-natured Van was and by his vocabulary. He explained that children who are early movers typically don't speak first words until later (around 18 months) or vice versa. Van is an obvious mover (and shaker) but he also says more than 5 words. I was a proud mommy!

Van's first words:
dog
dada
mama
go!
door
turtle
thank you
please
alligator (gator)
no!
yes

and we're working on - love you.

After his appointment we went home and Van took a much needed nap. Then we headed to the mall and I had the best time with my little man.

We played in the children's area.......

rode a carousel

and enjoyed some coconut & pistachio gelato.

I really feel so lucky that Van is ours. Dr Swetenburg commented that Van is not a good example of birth control and he said he wished that I could spend the day with him so I could see how most 15 month old toddlers behave!

I think I'll stick with ignorant mommy bliss. But watch our 2nd be a total hellion! (We're not preggo btw. Just saying.)

1 comment:

  1. He is so darn cute!!! And growing like a weed! Everyone always tells me that because Aidan is so good now, my next one will be crazy. I guess we'll see!

    ReplyDelete