Monday, November 29, 2010

Surrounded by L.O.V.E

It's an amazing feeling to be surrounded by people who you genuinely and unconditionally love and for them to reciprocate that feeling. Love of family and friends is the greatest gift. For this reason, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love that it is a day set aside for us all to get together and spend time with one another, just being ourselves.

This was Van's first Thanksgiving and the last holiday we spent last year without him in our lives. Here is a little flashback to last Thanksgiving (oh my!)


I was beginning to catch a cold this year and did not do the greatest job capturing our Thanksgiving too well but it was fabulous nonetheless.

First, we went over to Mimi and Papa's house so Mimi could help me make her famous carrot salad. It was the dish I was requested to bring to dinner and I had no clue how to make it!

Then later that afternoon we went over to Dalcher's house (Van's fairy god-mother) for a little lunch and to spend time with Mimi, Papa, Josh, Dalcher and Becky & Jenny (some of the Magnolias). Lunch was splendid and we couldn't get enough of Josh's mac n' cheese!

Here is the only photo I captured of our little escape artist. He's so curious..........


Then we headed over to Nana and Colonel's for Thanksgiving dinner. There are typically 20-25 at the table but this year it was only the 8 of us and the 2 little guys. Van was in great spirits, especially after his golf cart ride and getting to feed apples to the horses.


all snuggled up


While we were putting together the finishing touches on dinner, Van decided he would like a snack and grabbed an apple out of Nana's fruit bowl. He then proceeded to walk around and nibble around the entire apple.


and the only family shot I got this year is of my gorgeous sister, her hubby and preoccupied Van with his apple!!!! : )


We are so thankful for all our family and friends, near and far and we hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You all enrich our lives and make them so full. Our cup runneth over.

Thessalonians 5:18 - "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment