Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to the world Cole Phillips Goodman!


A poem for Candace and Cole

"I loved you from the very start, You stole my breath, embraced my heart. Our life together has just begun, You're part of me my little one. As mother with child, each day I grew, My mind was filled with thoughts of you. I'd daydream of the things we'd share, Like late-night bottles and teddy bears. Like first steps and skinned knees, Like bedtime stories and ABC's. I thought of things you'd want to know, Like how birds fly and flowers grow. I thought of lessons I'd need to share, Like standing tall and playing fair. When I first saw your precious face, I prayed your life be touched with grace. I thanked the angels from above, And promised you unending love. Each night I lay you down to sleep, I gently kiss your head and cheek. I count your little fingers and toes; I memorize your eyes and nose. I linger at your nursery door, Awed each day I love you more. Through misty eyes, I dim the light, I whisper "I Love You" every night. I loved you from the very start, You stole my breath, embraced my heart. As mother and child our journey's begun, My heart's yours forever little one."

- Author Unknown


On Friday, July 30th, my little sis and her hubbs (Candace and Clay Goodman) welcomed with love their precious baby boy into the world. We were all smitten from the start.

Beautiful mommy before Cole's arrival

Mother and Son

Now there are three!

Cole's First Kisses

Van and Cole meet for the first time!

I'm an Auntie!!!!! And I'm so in love!

Cole with Aunt Melissa, Uncle Derek and Cousin Van!!!

Dear Candace and Clay,

Derek and I could not be happier for you two. We know the love and joy that Cole has brought into your lives cannot properly be described with words. You will become more in awe of him as each day passes. Enjoy these first weeks home with him, they are some of the hardest but you'll also be making memories and bonds that time cannot touch. We are so proud of you both and know that you will be great parents. You already created such a precious gift that we all cherish and love. We are so excited to watch Cole grow and we promise to always be here for you three whatever may come. God has blessed us again with a sweet baby boy!

All of our love,

Melissa, Derek and Van


No comments:

Post a Comment