Saturday, August 28, 2010

Betsy Grace turns 1

Oh my goodness. I just found this post in the queue and I guess I never actually posted it! It was still saved as a draft. Sorry BG!

On Saturday, July 24th Van went to his friend Betsy Grace's house to celebrate her first birthday. Betsy Grace is very special to Van as she is the daughter of our very dear friends Mac & Libby Barksdale. Betsy Grace is the sweetest, happiest baby we've ever met and her beautiful smile brightens every room. We've known and loved her from the start and we are so excited that Van and Betsy Grace have each other. BG will be a grade older than Van so we're hoping she helps him find his way.

I remember holding Betsy Grace when she was only a few days old. I couldn't stop staring into her tiny angel face. She was so beautiful, my eyes filled with tears of joy for this little girl. She made me so excited to meet the little boy in my belly. I can't believe that was over a year ago.

Betsy Grace had such a fun party for both kids and adults. She had all sorts of toys set up for her friends to play with. And yummy treats for everyone to snack. It was the perfect way to spend a hot, summer day.



Lawton tackling Van (with Jack's help!) Boys will be boys!

Van & Betsy Grace playing with her sand pail

Betsy Grace and her BFF Margaret Blount

MB telling BG why it's so much fun to be one!

Van trying to give Betsy Grace a birthday hug

Time for cake! Betsy Grace's Aunt Haines made her a beautiful smash cake.

Mmmm! This is delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment