Monday, March 22, 2010

Where has March gone????

Look at those precious baby blues!

Our little peanut.

Well, Van is no longer a newborn. He has moved on to infant status and is looking more and more like a little boy to me! It's scary how fast he is growing and changing. We're really starting to hear that he looks like a little Lukoskie!

A lot of friends say they see my dad in Van.

This milestone is marked by not only chubbier cheeks, but personality galore! He can be so silly making us laugh and himself giggle. He has such a big smile and I love seeing that little dimple. Like a typical boy he loves fart sounds. Especially when you blow raspberries on his tummy!

Other noises that are new this month - screams and fake coughs to get your attention! So funny! Van is a big talker and I swear he says mamamama when he is babbling.

He also has a very serious side (where did that come from?). I wish I knew what he was thinking when he gets that serious expression on his face.



Van loves to clasp his hands together. It looks so funny! Like he's about to hold a meeting or give you a stern talking to! For the first time ever I saw him take his paci out of his mouth, wave it around then put it back in! This may sound trivial but before he could never find his mouth, he would wave his paci around then just drop it. He tries to hold his own bottle while you're feeding him and he's grabbing at everything. He's a very curious little man!


Teething has begun! He's constantly chewing on his fingers or trying to shove his whole fist into his mouth. Sometimes this results in him gagging and spitting up. Not pretty! We use a lot of baby oralgel! That stuff is a lifesaver.

We go through a ton of bibs and burp cloths at the moment. Between him spitting up and drooling it's hard to keep him in one outfit for too long.

Look at that drool!

Speaking of outfits Van is now wearing 9 month clothing!! He is growing like a weed. He is about 26 inches long but he has the cutest chunky legs. I have a hard time getting him out of his bumbo!

This month we've had some great visits with a couple of Van's girlfriends.

Betsy Grace is the happiest baby and she loves to have her picture taken. Van makes you work a little harder for his smile.....just like his daddy! BG was trying to hold hands with Van and get him to smile. I picture these two playing house in the future and Betsy Grace trying to console Van when he gets upset.

Here he is trying to be a big boy and sit up like Betsy Grace. "I don't like this MOM!" Am I a bad mom to laugh at this picture? His face is just too cute and I rarely capture him crying.

We went over to Avery's house for dinner one night and these two had a ball together. They played a game where Van would wave his arms and kick his legs and Avery would try to grab on! Avery is 9 months old so she's moving around quite a bit more than Van but I can tell these two will be fast friends! We're going to have to keep an eye on them! Avery was trying to teach Van how to talk in her monster voice!

Aunt Candace and Uncle Clay just found out that they are having a baby boy!!! Cole Phillips Goodman. Candace has been busy painting his nursery and picking out his crib bedding while April and I have been busy planning her baby shower.

Don't they look like naturals?

Van can't wait to meet his cousin in August!

Wow! I think it's time for a nap!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Love that you are updating! I was going crazy checking in for pics!!! He is a mini Scuba Steve and I love the picture of his little hands and of Candace holding him! She does look like a natural!! I could go on and on about how cute he is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post, BG and Van are going to be best buds! Loved hanging out with y'all on Saturday, let's do it more often and take advantage of these beautiful days, especially before the mosquitos make their debut!!!!

    ReplyDelete