Sunday, March 21, 2010

Van's First Trip - BHI

On March 12th Derek and I packed up the car with Van and all our baby gear and headed to Bald Head Island. It was our first trip with Van and sort of a dress rehearsal for our annual Fourth of July trip to BHI with the Kinlaws.

Van, like his mommy, can't seem to stay awake in the car and he slept for the first hour and a half until we got to St. Pauls. We stopped in St. Pauls so Grey's mom could meet the infamous Van.

Here is Marsha telling Van how cute he is and how she can't wait to spend a week with him for the Fourth of July!

The last hour of the drive was a little tricky. I sat in the back with Van and tried to keep him entertained. We were all ready to get out of the car and stretch our legs in the salty air.

Here we are waiting on the ferry and Grey and Haley to arrive!

As soon as we boarded the ferry - I lost my voice! I progressively got sicker as the weekend went on but at least I was in the most comfortable place with close friends. We did a lot of lounging around! Thankfully Van never got my cold! It turns out I had a sinus infection. Ugh!

Derek and Van doing what they do!

All in all we had a very relaxing weekend with great food and great friends.


We ate lunch each day at Eb & Flo's. Van enjoyed watching the ACC tournament on the big screen tv's.


Van's first glimpse of Old Baldy!


It was hard to say goodbye to BHI but we'll be back soon!

The gorgeous view from our back deck.

And as a special treat we got to stop by and see Grammy on our way back home. She had not seen Van since Christmas and was shocked at how much he had grown! Van was telling his Great-Grammy all about his trip to BHI and how he can't wait to come back! He's definitely a beach baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment