Monday, August 3, 2009

21 weeks check up

I am right at a little over the midway mark in our pregnancy at 22 weeks!! So far everything has been wonderful! I feel great and I'm really enjoying being pregnant. I do miss the use of my abs though.....it makes getting out of the bed and out of a sitting position a little tricky when I just can't get those muscles to cooperate! I rolled out of bed for the first time last week and Derek really got a kick out of it. Pretty soon he'll have to push me out!!!

My 21 week check-up with our midwife went well. Baby's heartbeat was in the 150's. It is always such a relief to hear that little horse galloping! This was the first appointment where they have measured my bump. At 21 weeks and 4 days I was measuring in at 28 weeks. Hallie said that could mean a couple of things, fibroid cysts which I don't think is the case because those would have been seen on my last ultrasound 4 weeks prior, Peanut was lying sideways and really stretching himself out, or there is a lot of amniotic fluid. Hallie didn't seem concerned but she scheduled another ultrasound for our next appointment on August 26th just to double check and make sure all is looking well.

Baby Utsey is a pretty chill baby. I feel him most often at night when I am lying down. Hallie said we'll really start feeling him move in the next couple of weeks!




Baxter & Hurley are very curious as to what is going on in the guest bedroom and they are both sticking a little closer to me than they used to. They are usually both right under my feet and last night Hurley even jumped into bed to cuddle with me.....on my pillow! They're being so sweet and protective. I can't wait until they meet their little brother!

I've decided to not fly out to NY to talk to the agency Expecting Mothers. There is no guarantee I will work and I just don't want to be away from Derek and our families for 6 weeks.

I am still working out 4-5 times a week and once a week with a trainer. I am still shocked at how out of shape I feel but I feel so much better after getting in some time at the gym. Of course I'm working out a bit differently now but it's good to stay active. So far at this point I've gained a total of 12 pounds and I am wondering how much is all that excess fluid!?!

The nursery is still coming along. I will post more pictures once we get the crib up and get things a bit more organized. Several of you have asked where we are registered and you can find us at Babies-R-Us and Pottery Barn Kids. It was a bit overwhelming registering for all this baby stuff but thank goodness my close friend Angie went with me and helped me pick out the things I'll really need and use!

Baby Utsey loves:
yogurt with fruit & granola
Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
Steam pot from Eb & Flow's
Shrimp, Scallops & Mussels
Veggies
Iced coffee with white chocolate syrup

Baby Utsey dislikes:
standing for too long
cardio




No comments:

Post a Comment