I had a mini anxiety attack last night after watching, (this is so embarrassing) but I was watching "Being Farrah" and she pulled out a huge tupperware bin called The Baby Box. It was full of pictures, letters and keepsakes of her baby girl.
Which got me thinking, where are my kids baby books? I have been pretty good about keeping track of Van as he has grown between this blog, snapfish and his baby book. And I have been good at taking pictures of Rory but not so good at writing things down about her.
Life with two means more things to juggle and less time to sit and reflect.
So, today I dug out all my papers from their doctors, pictures, invitations, I pulled up snapfish; sat down and tried to fill in the blanks.
It is really hard.
My baby boy turned 4 on December 11th. Van is obsessed with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at this age so I went all out and filled his special day with as much TMNT surprises that I could find.
He woke up the morning of his birthday to balloons hanging in front of his door on streamers, the kitchen nook was decorated in green streamers and balloons and there were special messages written on the chalkboard just for him.
He had his favorite chocolate chip pancakes with pssst! (whip cream) and he blew out his first candle of the day.
| birthday pancake |
| sissy loved the boons too! |
The next celebration was at Van's preschool. He has a great class this year and amazing teachers who the children adore. I had fun eating lunch with Van and his classmates. Even Rory joined the party after she got out of school.
| Lillie, Van and Effie |
| 2nd birthday treat - TMNT cupcakes |
| the protective big brother |
| they all wanted to have a picture with Van |
| such a cute, fun age - Happy Birthday Van! |
Van's big celebration was his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pizza Party at his gym. He wanted to invite all his friends from class and a couple other close friends plus his family. He was so excited to show his Mimi, Nana and his Papas all his "skills"!
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this gym. The kids jump, tumble, bounce, run, swing, slide, climb and laugh for an hour straight. We could not get a single shot that was not blurry. You could see the pure delight and enjoyment on their faces. It was a sight to see!
| i could not get him to stand still for a photo |
| Nana & Papa helping Rory keep up |
| such happiness |
| my ninja turtle balloons |
| homemade goody bags |
| Mimi and Rory making faces |
| Laww-Dogg: another ninja turtle fan - masks were ordered off etsy and they were a huge hit! |
| Ninja Turtle cookies by Cookies by Your Moms Dounuts |
| one of my favorite pictures from Van's party. Lawton, Van and Shep. |
And last but not least was Van's family celebration at home. We ate pizza and enjoyed an incredible TMNT ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.
| getting camera shy either that or he was over hearing "happy birthday" and he just wanted more sweets! |
| super van |
| uncle josh helping put together the TMNT van |
Van at age FOUR:
3'9.25" (100%)
49 lb 12.8 oz (99%)
Birthday Questionnaire:
How old are you: Four years old
Favorite Color: red and blue
Favorite snack: fruit snacks
Favorite drink: orange juice
Favorite cartoon: Jake and The Neverland Pirates
Favorite Book: I am a Big Brother
Favorite Thing to Do: Play outside with my friends Shep & Tuck
Favorite Thing to Do at School: Play with my friends Downey & Thomas Bowman
What do you want to be when you grow up: a teacher
What makes you happy: my mommy (you) and that's why I love you
What is your favorite animal: teddy bears
What are you really good at: at building blocks
What is your favorite movie: Tangled
What is your favorite song: I love you, I love you, I just love my mommy so much (that's how I sing it)
Who are your friends: Downey, Shep, Tuck, Effie, Thomas Bowman, Leighton
What do you like to do with mommy: watch cartoons
What do you like to do with daddy: i like to build with him
Where is your favorite place to go: going to friend's houses for play dates
Van, you are such a sweet, good-hearted child. You will always be my baby but you have grown into an awesome young man. Mommy and daddy are so proud of you and love you to the moon and back. You are very smart and active. You don't stop moving from the moment you wake up in the morning until you fall asleep at night.
Right now you and your sister are sharing a room and you both seem to be enjoying your space together. You are the best big brother; always wanting to hug your sister or include her in your games.
Your habits remind us a lot of your daddy. You like things a certain way, especially your food. If it looks different you will not eat it and you always leave the last bite on the plate.
You pick out your clothes every morning and are very opinionated about what you will and will not wear.
You have a little lisp that I adore and your speech is so mature. You make us laugh on a daily basis with the things you say. I have to remind myself sometimes that you are only 4. It's easy to forget with how tall and mature you are.
You enjoy school and you are thriving there. Your class this year is full of friends and you are mastering all your skills in the Three's class. We have some homework everyday, working on recognizing our letters of the alphabet.
I love you little man. So much so that it makes me want to cry. Happy tears of course. I hope and pray and try my hardest to be the mom you need me to be. I want you to never forget how loved you are and how proud we are of you. You are such a joy to our whole family. The day you were born changed our lives forever and made us something we had never been before: a mother, a father, a grandparent, an aunt and an uncle.
We love you forever, always and no matter what. We can't wait to see what the future holds for you Peanut.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment