Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fa la la la Fall


It is no secret that Fall is my favorite season, October my favorite month and I am obsessed with pumpkin everything. 

I am an October baby and when the airs turns crisp, leaves start changing colors and sweaters, scarves and boots come out I feel so renewed. 

There is nothing better than spending a fall day outside with my minis. 

Derek and I spent a beautiful weekend in the mountains of Western North Carolina celebrating the wedding of my good friend Martha. It was strange not having Van & Rory to attend to. We slept in (until 8) both mornings!

Erin, Me, Martha and Amy at the rehearsal dinner.
Watching the US Slalom Nationals at the Nantahala Outdoor Center 


Mimi & Papa took Van to see Thomas the Train
Van has gotten into wearing his Jake (and the Neverland Pirates) bandana everywhere.


Perfect park days




My birthday was October 2nd and it was truly my best birthday to date. Derek made it so special and I felt truly loved by all my family and friends. There is nothing better than to be happy and loved. Thank you again to everyone who made my day special by just remembering me. 

My friend April dropped off this delicious pumpkin cupcake and sweet card at my door. 
Van sung Happy Birthday to me
and helped me blow out my candle
Derek and I had a breakfast date at my favorite cafe. 

The Saturday after my birthday we celebrated again out at the lake with my parents where we also celebrated my sister's birthday. 

birthday girls

with our beautiful mama
getting loved on by sweet Rory
sweet babies
all I wanted for my birthday was a picture with Van and he happily obliged

The next week the fall weather disappeared and no one was happy.

We tried going to the park and it was too hot for smiles.




I walked in on this scene the other night. 
Van and I on a date at the Nature Museum 

We skipped the pumpkin patch this year and instead visited our local Farmer's Market to pick out our pumpkins. It wasn't the same but it was still fun and as a treat we took the kids to buy some Halloween decorations afterwards. Our house is right on the verge of tacky but it makes me smile every time I pull into the driveway!







This last week we had two teacher workdays so I took Van and Rory to Zootastic Park with our friends Jenny and Ridge. It was a very hands-on, educational zoo experience and I think I may have had more fun than the kids!

I am OBSESSED with Alpacas.
and Llamas

seriously, can i keep him?

he was just as obsessed with me

Van & Ridge 

"cheeeeeeeeese"
such majestic creatures



No comments:

Post a Comment