Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. A day to spend time with my family and to reflect and be thankful for God's gifts to us. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's not about "stuff". There are no presents to buy, no stress over finding the "right" gift.
We get to just be with the ones we love. I'm not a huge "stuff" person, I'd rather give than receive and I am often found purging all sorts of items to give to those in need. You could say that I am OCD about excess and clutter!
So, when I opened my email this morning and found my daily devotion sent from our church I thought what a perfect parable and lesson to go with today. It was all about being thankful for the gifts that only God can give to us. I thank God every evening for all the things he gives to me, an amazing husband, a sweet child, a loving family and the best friends, but I do not pause long enough to say thanks for those intangible gifts that give my life meaning.
Grace. Generosity. Faith. Mercy. Hope.
So today I want to thank God for those gifts as well as the love of family and friends. I am beyond grateful.
Happy THANKS-giving to all! Have a lovely day with your sweet families. We are so thankful for each of you in our life.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment