In one week I will be flying out to Cali to visit family with Van! I'm sad that Derek is unable to go with us but I'm so excited for Van to meet so many special people in my life!
I have been scouring the world wide web for tips, ideas, & advice on how to travel by air with a toddler.

I've made a lot of purchases on Amazon and I feel like I am as prepared as I can be (one can hope!). I've rented a car seat in Cali through the car rental service and borrowed a pack n' play from my cousin to eliminate having to pack those heavy items.

For the plane:
- Van has is own seat and instead of carrying his bulky car seat through the airport (probably wouldn't fit on an airplane seat anyway) I am bringing a CARES Harness (Child Aviation Restraint System).
- Little cercies (gifts) for Van to quietly play with on the plane: silly putty, painter's tape, notebook and crayons, pipe cleaners, lacing cards, chopsticks (for snacks), sticker book
- Portable DVD player with kid-friendly earphones and movies like Toy Story, Cars, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Choo-Choo Soul
- Snacks: goldfish, raisins, grapes, apple slices, clementine slices, fruit loops, squeeze packs, cereal bars
- Sweets: cookies, gummi bears, lollipops (for take-off & landing & emergencies)
- Van's ipod
- his favorite books to read
- can't forget his blanket and one of those squishy neck pillows
- Maclaren umbrella stroller
- essentials: sippy cups for milk and water, Skip Hop Pronto changing station, change of clothes, socks.......................
Am I forgetting anything???

I am hoping I look more like this

and less like this


No comments:
Post a Comment