Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday & BBQ


Last weekend we celebrated the 2nd birthday of Van's beautiful friend, Miss Margaret Blount. She had a fun party out in the sunshine complete with bubbles, wagons and an egg hunt! Oh and cupcakes, we can't forget the delicious cupcakes!



I tried my best to get a picture of Van with his friends but no one wanted to look at the camera.


I'm pretty sure this picture will make it's way to someone's rehearsal dinner slideshow (if they still have those in 30 years!)


The next day we went out to my parents lake house for a BBQ. (We're from CA & that's what we call a cookout). This was very confusing when Derek and I were first married. 1. I had never actually eaten "BBQ" . 2. When my parents invited his parents over for a BBQ they expected pork and got burgers and hot dogs instead! 3. The exact opposite happened when his parents invited my parents over for BBQ!!!

Anyhoo, it was another gorgeous day and we enjoyed some family time.

Van and Cole playing


I just discovered there is a self portrait setting on my camera!


Cole fixing his flat. Only 4 weeks left!

I am so in love with this profile. I want to try to make a silhouette out of this this picture. A little DIY project if you will. Anyone know how?


Van had a wonderful time chasing Vaeh out in the back yard.


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too! We love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment