Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Table for two and a half please.

The hubbs and I took Van out on our date Saturday night. We went to one of our favorite sushi places and I can't tell you how good Van was at dinner.

He is such a people watcher and while another little boy in a booth not too far from our own was having a bit of a breakdown, Van just watched the drama go down. And he ate edamame! The boy can really surprise me with his eating. Sometimes he refuses everything, even the things I know he likes. And others, well, other times he makes me think maybe I don't have it all wrong afterall and I can feed my child.

So, this week I discovered that Van likes hummus, edamame and cheddarwurst. Thank goodness he's a healthy eater..........with some exceptions of course. I am just adamant that he eats what we eat and I don't start the bad habit of making a "kids" menu everyday. You all know I'm not much of a cook so that would be even more work than I want to do!

While at dinner I couldn't help but snap a picture of my two boys who are looking more and more alike. So sweet. LOVES!

And just like his daddy, Van was distracted by the tv above our booth!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when we go out to eat and Aidan is an angel while some other kid is throwing a fit. Makes me feel so good. Haha! The weather is getting nice. I want to plan a playdate in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!!! Van is such a sweet boy.....what a dream first baby!!!

    ReplyDelete