Monday, September 6, 2010

Toes in the water, bum in the sand

Last weekend my boys and I woke up at the crack of dawn (4 am) and started our drive to Lake Lure for Derek's triathlon. I've only been to a handful of triathlons but this is my favorite! Lake Lure is such a beautiful place and I always meet the friendliest people. Of course with Van we're always meeting someone new. The boy is a Flirt!

Here is he getting excited for his daddy. Notice he's still in his pj's. The air had a nice chill in it. A little reminder that my favorite season is not too far away.


Daddy and Van right before D's swim started.

Van was great at cheering on daddy. Swim daddy Swim!


Bike daddy Bike.



While daddy was on the last leg of his race, Van decided it was time to get dressed and play in the sand. He loved sliding his feet in the sand and getting it in between his toes.

He is starting to "wave" at people.





Run daddy Run. Derek did amazing. We were so proud cheering him across the finish line.


After his race, Daddy and Van took a dip in the lake.

I'm ready dad.


Wading in and trying to swim on his own.




He could not be happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment